PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Vienna Motorist Rear-Ends Car at Intersection

| Sep 13, 2018 | Auto Accidents |

Two cars are were involved in a minor auto accident in Vienna on Wednesday, September 5th, and although the incident was not fatal one person still found themselves needing to go to a nearby hospital in order to undergo observation. Details regarding the incident are scant, but we do know that it was somewhere around 11:00 in the morning when the crash, which happened at the intersection of Maple Avenue and Courthouse Road, took place. 

A report from the Vienna Police Department states that one of the cars involved was headed down the eastern lanes of Maple Avenue. The second car was also driving down the eastern lanes of Maple Avenue, although behind the first car. At the intersection of Maple and Courthouse Road there is a stop light, and at the time that the two vehicles in our story were approaching the light it was showing red for cars traveling along Maple and green for those traveling along Courthouse Road.

The report suggests that the second car, which we mentioned was behind the first car, was not traveling the proper distance away from the first car’s bumper. When the first car slowed to obey the traffic signal of the area, the second driver found themselves unable to stop in time. The second car collided with the rear of the first car, a crash which resulted in both of the vehicles sustaining damage to their bodies.

It is not clear who called the emergency response crews to the area, but when they arrived they found that both of the drivers had remained at the scene and were ready and willing to give their accounts of the crash. While the driver of the car that was rear-ended seemingly escaped from the incident without injuries, the driver of the second car reportedly experienced some sort of injury or was concerned about having done so. Subsequently, they were taken from the area to a nearby hospital where, as mentioned above, they were put under observation. At the time of this writing it is not known whether the medical staff found anything wrong with the driver or if they were released without needing treatment.

The second driver was issued a summons which cited them for Failure to Pay Full Time and Attention.