PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Not much information has been recorded for posterity about an incident that happened along Palisades Parkway and Tripleseven Road in the Loudoun County town of Sterling, several Fridays ago, on the 20th of April. What we do know indicates that the incident involved only one vehicle and that the driver of this vehicle was likely alone in their car at the time.

It was close to 2:00 in the morning when a deputy working with the Loudoun County Police Department radioed in to report a car committing a traffic violation. It is not clear just what this violation consisted of, although it is thought that the violation did not concern any other vehicles than the one observed by the police officer. The officer proceeded to follow the car in question for a few moments before activating the emergency lights on the top of the vehicle and pulling the car over.

The driver, a 38-year-old person from Sterling, Virginia, appeared to the police officer who conducted the traffic stop to exhibit signs of intoxication. The report did not indicate whether or not a field sobriety test or a breath test were administered, and we are also unsure as to what the police officer noticed about the driver of the car that indicated to them that this person was, in fact, intoxicated.

We only know that the officer conducting the traffic stop placed the driver of the car under arrest and charged them with Driving under the Influence. It is not clear if this person was also cited for any traffic violations, or if the DUI was the only thing with which they were charged.

The officer then transported the 38-year-old Sterling resident to the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center. It is not clear how long the individual remained at the center, but at the time of this writing it is believed that they were released on bail that was posted for an unspecified amount.

No other information regarding this particular situation was released by the Loudoun County Police Office, and it is not clear if a trial date was set for the future or if the time of this event is still being decided.