PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Virginia Construction Worker Hospitalized After Being Hit by Dump Truck

| Sep 10, 2018 | Construction Accident |

An incident towards the end of last month resulted in an emergency flight to a Fairfax County hospital for a person working on a construction site within the city of Fairfax. Preliminary reports from the Fairfax Police Department and the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue suggest that the construction accident happened close to midnight, as road workers within the county were engaged in their work at the intersection of Monument Drive and Monument Way. 

While most of the details relating to the incident are not currently public knowledge, we do have some information on the crash supplied for us by a tweet issued from the Fairfax County Police Department. According to this tweet, the worker in question was working alongside the roadway at the above-mentioned intersection when a dump truck struck them. The report failed to state whether or not the dump truck was attempting to access the same construction site or if it was an unrelated construction vehicle, and we are also unclear as to whether or not the truck was full of anything at the time or if it was an empty vehicle on its way to some unknown location.

The report failed to state whether or not the truck struck anything other than the one construction worker, and we are also not clear on whether or not the individual injured by the vehicle was on foot or was inside of another construction vehicle at the time of the incident.

As a result of the crash, the single construction worker suffered from injuries severe enough for emergency response teams to decide to fly the person from the area where the incident occurred to the hospital. The report did not state which hospital the person was flown to, and it also failed to provide any additional updates as to the condition of the individual after they were taken to the hospital.

The intersection where the crash took place remained closed for several hours after the initial incident, but it was reopened at some point during the following morning.

All other updates to this story will emerge from the authorities connected to the crash and subsequent hospitalization.