PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Man Struck and Killed in Woodbridge after Road Rage Incident

| Aug 19, 2018 | Wrongful Death |

Initial reports around the death of a 53-year-old man in Woodbridge were highly opaque. The most they did was provide the age of the victim, the time when the incident took place, and the location of the event that led to the person’s death. Since that time, numerous additional facts around the fatal accident have emerged. They paint a distressing picture, although one that has been replicated numerous times over the course of the year (one that seems on its way to becoming increasingly common). In short, the authorities from the Prince William County Police Department indicated that the death of the 53-year-old was the result of road rage.

What we know at this time is that two cars, a 2010 Mitsubishi Galant and a 1995 Ford F-Super Duty were involved. These two cars were headed down the northern lanes of the Prince William County Parkway at close to 4:00 in the afternoon when the incident occurred. The police statement does little to describe what exactly happened to cause the two drivers to become embroiled in an altercation, but we do know that at least one of the drivers retained their grudge until such time as the two cars became stuck inside of a traffic jam located close to the intersection of the major roadway and Minnieville Road.

It was while the two cars were frozen in traffic that the 53-year-old driver of the pickup truck decided to exit his car and approach the Galant. The driver of the Galant, a 34-year-old Woodbridge resident told police that they were simply trying to escape from the situation by driving around the angry man. Instead, it appears that the driver of the Galant wound up hitting the man as well as a 2012 Honda Odyssey that was similar trapped in the traffic jam. The way that the three entities collided resulted in the body of the 53-year-old becoming trapped between the other two cars.

In the aftermath of the circumstance, the driver of the Gallant called 9-1-1. They then remained at the scene of the crash during the entire preliminary investigation.

It is not known if any charges will result from the case.