PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Numerous charges are being leveled against an individual believed to be responsible for a hit-and-run incident on Lee Highway in Arlington during the middle of March. Reports that have emerged surrounding the incident indicate that the hit-and-run took place shortly before 7:00 on the evening of March 13th and involved a single car and a pedestrian. The car, according to the reports, was being driven down the 1400 block of Lee Highway when it struck the pedestrian. The reports do not indicate if the pedestrian was attempting to cross the street at the time of the collision or if the driver of the car swerved off of the road to strike them.

Numerous witnesses called 9-1-1, and emergency response teams with various Arlington County agencies arrived to help the injured person. The individual struck by the car was taken to a nearby hospital after the incident, but the reports do not indicate what their condition was at the time they were admitted to the medical center.

After colliding with the pedestrian, the driver of the car continued on their way and fled the scene. Police were initially unable to locate the driver, but after receiving essential help from witnesses and after pulling crucial information from the crash site, the Arlington Police Department detectives were able to narrow down their list of suspects to just one 46-year-old man who is not believed to have any permanent address.

The person was located at a residence in the unincorporated town of Fairlington in Arlington County. Police reported that he did not resist being taken into custody.

A long list of charges are now being faced by this individual and include several counts of Malicious Wounding as well as one count of Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony. While the trial date is set, the man will remain at the Arlington County Detention Facility where no bond has been set for his immediate release.

Because the investigation is still underway, police in Arlington County are still looking for any information that anyone might have regarding this incident and its aftermath.