PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

On Thursday, April 19th, several cars were involved in a collision that took place on a stretch of Interstate 66 that runs through Fairfax County. Reports from the Virginia State Police indicate that the crash happened close to 4:00 in the morning and involved two cars that were both in the western lanes of I-66.

A driver who has not been named but is believed to be a 29-year-old Manassas resident, was driving a Hyundai Elantra when they neared the interchange between I-66 and Route 5. At this point, for reasons that are not known and are currently under investigation, the driver of the Elantra collided with the rear of a Honda Civic.

The reports from the Virginia State Police Fairfax Division Crash Reconstruction Team do not offer any explanation for why the Hyundai hit the Honda, and it is not known if the incident is believed to be the full responsibility of the Hyundai’s driver or if the investigators are looking into whether or not the driver of the Honda was behaving in any way that made a collision less avoidable.

We do know that the driver of the Honda, a 26-year-old Falls Church resident, was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the incident and that it was partially due to this factor that they received critical injuries from the rear-end collision. It is not clear if emergency response teams were able to administer any medical care to the Honda’s driver, but the report stated that they died at the scene of the crash.

The driver of the Hyundai, who was wearing a seatbelt, seemingly walked away from the entire incident without any injuries whatsoever.

While the crash reconstruction team conducted its initial investigation, the western travel lanes of Interstate 66 that pass through Fairfax County were closed. Whatever the results the reconstruction team pulled from the site, we know only that the roadway was fully reopened only two hours after the initial incident had occurred.

Charges are pending in this case, but the reports failed to mention with any specificity what the exact charges were.