PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Deputies working with the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office are working on an investigation into the death of a man from Leesburg that happened on Monday, April 9th. According to the results of the investigation so far, the incident took place around Smith Road and Hastings Drive, although we are not certain on whether or not the motorist was driving along either of these two streets when the crash took place or if there was a third street on which they were traveling.

The report from the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office states that the driver, who was not described in any way other than to state that they were from Leesburg, was behind the wheel of a 2007 Ford Taurus when an incident occurred within the car to cause them to lose control of the vehicle, veer off of the road, and crash into a tree located near to the roadway.

Investigators working on the case have looked into the circumstances enough to begin to formulate a rudimentary idea as to why the driver lost control of their car. According to these investigators, the driver suffered from some sort of medical emergency while behind the wheel, and that as a direct result of this event was unable to pilot their car any longer.

A “medical emergency” can mean numerous things, but in situations that lead to automobile accidents the term most often refers to a stroke or a heart attack that affects the driver so suddenly and strongly that they are no longer able to control their vehicle.

Someone, likely a witness or a person who came across the single-car crash shortly after it took place, called the police to report the incident. First responders from throughout Loudoun County then arrived at the scene sometime around 8:00 in the morning and began to offer what assistance they could to the badly injured driver of the car.

It is believed that man was alive when the medical teams reached him, and that they were able to take him from the car and to a nearby hospital. Unfortunately, the extent of the injuries that he suffered in the incident was too vast for medical treatment, and he was declared dead sometime after reaching the hospital.