PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

One Dead after Car Crashes into Jersey Wall in Fairfax County

| Jan 13, 2018 | Auto Accidents |

A Thursday afternoon crash in Springfield resulted in the death of one person and the serious injury of another after a car collided with a Jersey wall, ricocheted back into traffic, and struck a second vehicle. According to the report from the Fairfax County Police Department, the incident resulted in the lengthy closure of a large section of Loisdale Road covering the ground between Lois Drive and Newington Road.

The details of the crash, as reported by the Fairfax County Police Department over the course of several statements, place the beginning of the incident at around 12:30 in the afternoon, when Jones a 73-year-old Manassas resident briefly lost control of the 2006 Ford Ranger he was driving and caused it to crash into a Jersey wall alongside the southern lanes of Loisdale Road. After hitting the wall, the force of the immovable object combined with Jones’ attempts to regain control of the vehicle and he swerved across the southbound lane and into the northbound lane at the exact moment that an unnamed 66-year-old Lorton resident was driving by.

The two cars collided head on while inside of the 7700 block of Loisdale Road. Someone, the report did not specify who, called 9-1-1 after the accident took place and officers with the Fairfax County Police Department joined other emergency first responders in a rush to the scene. Both Jones and the other driver were alive when the police arrived, but Jones was very badly injured. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but the wounds he suffered in the crash were too severe for him to overcome and he was pronounced dead shortly after reaching the medical center.

The second driver was also injured and taken to a hospital, although it is believed that their injuries were far less severe than Jones’ and not life-threatening. They were easily stabilized and it is believed that they are currently recovering quite well.

An investigation into the cause of the accident is still underway. Detectives with the Fairfax County Police Department have confirmed their suspicion that neither excessive speed or alcohol consumption caused the accident to occur and are currently looking into whether or not Jones suffered some sort of medical emergency in the moments before the crash.