PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Experienced Attorneys, Dedicated To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Fatal Fairfax County Crash, One in Critical Condition

| Sep 20, 2017 | Auto Accidents |

Police in Fairfax County are currently working on an investigation into an accident that took place on Saturday night in Great Falls. The early report by the Fairfax County Police indicates that the crash took place somewhere along the Beach Mill Road’s 10500 block and involved a 26-year-old Annandale resident Wenger, a 23-year-old Great Falls resident Ryan, and a 15-year-old girl who has not been named. Statements by witnesses indicate that the car, which was being driven by either Wenger or Ryan, left the road and collided with a tree. The reasons why this happened are not clear and likely a focus of the police investigation.

A resident who lives close to where the accident took place ran to the car and called 9-1-1. She told the dispatcher that it seemed as if the two individuals in the front of the car were not breathing but that the girl in the back of the vehicle was conscious and talking. The woman who called 9-1-1 and other witnesses waited at the crash site, urging the 15-year-old not to move.

When the emergency response teams arrived they began to assess the damage and try to save the lives of those involved in the crash. Unfortunately, due to the severity of the accident the teams were not able to provide any assistance to either Wenger or Ryan. Both were declared dead shortly after the incident, although it is not clear if they were alive when the emergency response teams arrived or if either of them were transported to a hospital for treatment before succumbing to their injuries.

The 15-year-old girl was able to be extricated from the vehicle and transported to a nearby hospital. When the ambulance crew arrived, the girl was admitted to the hospital as having extremely severe and life-threatening injuries. At the time of this writing, it is not clear whether or not the girl is recovering from the incident or if she still remains in critical condition. It is also not known whether or not her family has been located and notified.