PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.

To Your Case.

Serving Northern Virginia
Since 1995

Arrest Made in Fairfax County Sexual Assault Case

| Sep 2, 2017 | Sex Crimes |

Early in August, a 22-year-old woman contacted the police to report an attempted abduction and sexual assault in Manassas. According to the statement she made to the police, she was on foot, walking along North Shore Drive’s 12000 block close to 2:30 in the afternoon. After walking past the Tall Oaks Shopping Center, she said that a man came up behind her and attacked her.

The unnamed woman stated that the man forcefully pulled her off of the sidewalk and into an area close by that was secluded by trees and undergrowth. Once there, he threw her to the ground and then began trying to pull her clothes from her body. Defending herself, the unnamed woman said that the assault ended suddenly when the man stopped trying to rape her and instead fled from the wooded area, jumped into a car, and sped away.

Since that August 14th event, the police have been looking for the individual responsible for the assault. Using the description the woman gave the authorities of both the man and the car, the police were able to track down and arrest a man who is now being detained in the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center without bound. The suspect, a 33-year-old man, Childs, is being held on charges of abduction with intent to defile.

The woman who suffered the assault told officers that Childs was completely unknown to her. He was arrested after a search that went on for several weeks. According to the report from the Fairfax County Police, the search was greatly aided after they received a tip from an unknown source that led them to Childs.

Although no trial has occurred as of this moment, it seems that the authorities in this case are entirely certain that they have apprehended the correct individual. As the case goes on and more details around the incident are brought to light, it seems probable that the authorities will release additional information to confirm the arrest of Childs.

Until that time, the case is still under investigation as detectives work to uncover additional facts.